Tuesday, September 21, 2010

all things junior league

i can't believe i forgot to mention this before now - at the first Junior League general membership meeting of the year, i was nominated to be Active of the Month!

i didn't win, but it really is just an honor to be nominated :)  not bad for my first quarter as an active member!


also, i've just finished co-writing an article with my friend and features editor, julia, about league members making a difference through other non-profit organizations.  we were both lucky enough to get to interview some rather outstanding chicks and, i have to tell you, i think i've been bitten by the "you don't have enough on your plate so why don't you start your own non-profit" bug.

now i realize that it's not as easy as saying "hey, i'm doing this" and it's done, but i'm definitely interested in researching the whats and hows of building an organization of my own.


and lastly, for all of you locals who like to shop (or know someone who likes to shop), the 7th annual Holiday Gift Market is coming to the Florida State Fairgrounds Nov. 5th-7th.  here's a link for more info 

tickets are $5 each, but i'll have plenty to give away pretty soon so if you'd like some, post a comment or send me a note!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am soooo in!

Unknown said...

Hello fellow JL member. This is my first year as an active member of the Junior League of Rochester, NY. :) Thank you for leaving your comment about the fall leaves and my weekend get away with the family. Glad you found me and checked your blog :)